Cote Improved Federal Day School (SK)

Dates of Operation
September 1, 1928 - June 30, 1940
Description
When the Crowstand Presbyterian school was closed in 1915, it was replaced by the Cote Improved Federal Day School. It was operated by the Presbyterian Church, and, after 1925, by the United Church. Following pressure from the United Church, in 1928 the federal government constructed a dormitory at the school to house students from Mondays to Fridays. In 1932 the accommodation at in the dormitory was judged to be inadequate. The following year, the government cut its food grant to the school. The number of students who boarded at the school fluctuated between four and eight. The dormitory was closed in 1940. (National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation)
Denomination
Presbyterian Church, United Church of Canada

More Information

Alternate Name(s)
Cote Improved Day School
Cote Indian Day School
School #604
Permalink

Discussion

Do you have a story or comment about this school?

Related

Places

Cote Improved Federal Day School (built)

Records

Loading...