Exterior view of Crosby Girls' Home, Lax Kw'alaams (Port Simpson).
The second Crosby Girls’ Home, which was opened in 1892. By the 1890s, the Methodist Woman’s Missionary Society had replaced the Crosbys as managers of the home. The Society purchased two acres of land outside the Tsimshian reserve and built a new home with room for up to 50 girls. Girls no longer attended the day school in the village, and they were not permitted any vacation time.