Document consists of a summary of the establishment of the Coqualeetza Fellowship and the Information Centre in Vancouver.
The Coqualeetza Fellowship was originally made up of alumni of the Coqualeetza Residential School. Established in 1950, its membership gradually expanded to encompass the broader Aboriginal population. It helped provide social services to Aboriginal youth coming to the city, helping them adapt to urban life. Members of the Coqualeetza Fellowship established the Vancouver Indian Centre Society, now known as the Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre Society on East Hastings Street.