Document consists of a booklet on the history of the Coqualeetza Institute and the Hospital.
This booklet was produced by the Coqualeetza Indian Hospital in 1956. In June of 1940, Coqualeetza Residential School was permanently closed. The federal government bought the property from the United Church and opened the Coqualeetza Sanatorium (also called Coqualeetza Indian Hospital) to combat tuberculosis. The Hospital operated until September 1969. The booklet gives some historical account of the School, but focuses primarily on the Hospital's staff, patients, administration, and programs.